Pages

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Pacman Chomp's review of HONEST BURGERS - SOHO


Located on a quiet side street in Soho, lies this burger refuge and as a fun fact its opposite some Victorian flats with a peculiar sign, I won't tell you what it is so you can enjoy the surprise :D


Now I like burgers, they help fill that void a super sandwich just can't, that balance of bun and filling just seems right.

Sure it doesn't take much to make a good burger, but if your going to hand over your hard earned moola your going to want something worthy in return.

Step in HONEST BURGERS. Here this o' hound managed to chomp down on a nice spread of the menu.

Cheese - Medium Rare
Better than your standard restaurant cheese burger, we had this medium rare and the patty was moist and held its shape when undergoing the chomping process quite well. Not the best but ok for its price.


Honest - Medium Rare 
Now although not the best burger I've had in London it's by no means a slacker, trucking in with red onion, relish, smoked bacon, mature cheddar, pickled cucumber and lettuce on a beef patty this is one filling burger. I mean just have a look below.


I really enjoyed this brute, it'll get the job done without overfilling you but don't worry give it 15 minutes and you'll still be fighting off the food nap.

Fritter
The fritter burger is amazeballs, made from cauliflower, sweetcorn, shallots, spices, coriander and topped off with cucumber yogurt this is a vegi's dream! I mean if theres meat i'll rack it up but after seeing someone order this I decided sure why not, and I'm glad I did.

Its different and actually has a taste unlike all these mushroom burgers you see as the vegetarian option, my only gripe is its not all that filling.


All the burgers come with a side of fries and by god they're good, I think they're almost the best fries I've had from normal potatoes in a while, none of this skin-on or sweet potato styles we see cropping up nowadays.

 

We also racked up the Home-made lemonade and Ice Tea option, They're not bad and worth a punt.


Verdict
Honest Burgers SOHO has a very nice atmosphere, it's clean and bright and the staff are very helpful, even checking in with you to see if everything's ok, as you'd expect in a restaurant but they actually seem like they mean it.

The burgers are worth it and beat the standard set by chains, I'd say if your in the area definitely get your tuckus here, they do have specials as well but they seemed for the hungry hungry hippos.

7.8 / 10
Recommend? Yes, I'd definitely go again but the place is small and gets fully booked quite quickly  by 6pm and frees up again around 7.30pm-ish so plan accordingly.

Address:
4 Meard St, London, UK W1F
http://honestburgers.co.uk/

Honest Burgers on Urbanspoon

Follow me on Twitter @pacmanchomps
Website: @PacmanChomps

No comments:

Post a Comment